Monday, November 13, 2006

You Are Now Free to *Leave* the Country


So, finally, today. After endless years of saying, I am going to get one, I finally ordered it! A passport. Woo hoo. We are running out of places to go that don't require one, so we finally broke down and went to the post office today. Everything done and ordered, expedited. Two weeks and we can go anywhere...we....want. Hooray! We are thinking Costa Rica for our December trip. It looks like Hawaii to me, with more wildlife. So, of course, I will love it! Camera heaven for me.....

Finally, went grocery shopping after work. We had like, ummm, nothing? in the house. Whoops. Well, now we are stocked for a while. I had this awesome $14 off purchase at Kroger's that I got to use. Freaking love Kroger's coupons.

Tomorrow morning should be fun. I am doing a tour of the local schools with the superintendent. I can't wait to see what I get to be a part of. I am beyond excited to get to *do* something that I *want* to do with my spare time. The last 4 years, make that, 7 years of my life, have been so much about studying and school.....

Anyway, off to bed.....

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay for passports! But I'm sad, my family is leaving me :( I'm going to hide in someone's suitcase...

Kelsie said...

Costa Rica is gorgeous! We went 2 years ago in the summer (it was SO freaking hot and I am from TX!) In Dec, I think it is the end of the green (read: rainy) season so it should still be lush and beautiful. I could be wrong and this could be the end of the dry season - I would have to look that up again.

We stayed on the NW Guanacaste coast area. There is so much to do there. It did rain every day and not like Florida afternoon rain. It was hotter at 6am than at noon. Seriously. We would get up early to hang at the pool/beach and then eat brunch and head to our room to nap b/c the clouds started rolling in around noon and it rained until dinner pretty much.

Loved it though!! The zip line tours are a must, a visit through the rainforest a must, depending on where you stay, Mt. Arenal & cloud forest are a must - we didn't do those as it was a long drive (over 2 hours one way) to get there. I want to go back though.

Anonymous said...

I want to go on vacation too!!! Can I come ? :/

chiroheidi said...

We just booked our trip to Los Cabos, and I picked up our passport applications yesterday. Sounds like we ar in the same boat. We looked at Costa Rica also. I would love to go there, but we can't afford it right now and I'd love to go for about 9 days and we don't have the time except in the summer. I wanted to see the active valcano and hot springs along with the rain forest and do a zip line tour. You;ll have to tell me all about it when you get back.