Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Whistle Down the Wind


Had a nice night......Went to dinner with Auntie at Coach Insignia (we had another gift card to use there that expired tomorrow) and to the Fisher to see Whistle Down the Wind. Apparently, it is a very famous show, but i had never heard of it before, which is odd since I go to the theatre so much. Anyway, I loved it. Beautiful music and such a heartwarming story. I recommend it, if you like musical theatre. The girl that played the lead, Swallow, had an angelic voice. It was incredible. And the children's choir was adorable and so talented.

Oh, and my new phone came this morning, less than 24 hours after I ordered it! Yay! It is so kewl. I have not played with it a lot, but I did call and have internet turned on because I want to try it for a month or so and see what I think. I would like to be able to check my internet on the phone and surf the net at court while waiting for hearings to be called and such. I made a couple calls on the way home tonight and I love the *feel* of the phone so much more. My last phone was pretty bulky and this one is so much more slim. So far, thumbs up!

I came home to two checks today for large sums which excited me! Kurt put some money in his sports account online to bet on the bowl games and turned it into a lot....Instead of continuing to play with it or whatever, he took it out (most of it) and gave it to me for our December vacation this year, which is awesome. Love to plan vacays with money that I have early in the year that I did not have to work long hours to earn. Whoot. I can't even tell you how excited I was that he won the money and gave the earnings to me. Really nice. I am putting it in our retirement account so it can earn money all year, and then I will take it out to buy the trip in October or so. Some good does come out of Kurt watching every football game on TV at the same time, you see? :). Thanks again, Kurty!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm going to start giving Kurt money so he can make side bets for me, ha.

Did you have the lobster corn dogs at Coach Insignia? I hear they are supposed to be really tasty!

Nancy said...

NICE!!!

Hobby Chef said...

Once you put your new Blackberry into use, I would love your feedback. I'm really starting to think I need one (for work) and I have heard mixed things about them.

And HURRAY for big checks in the mail!!! I wish Mike would cash out his online bets once in a while ... those winnings really add up!