Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sitting on the Balcony in Bliss

So, just wanted to drop in and say hi.........I am sitting on the balcony of our hotel, sipping a Coke, waiting for Kurt to get back here from Daytona....He spent the day there with his brother since I had school board conference stuff to attend to.

The weather is, how shall I say it, absolutely perfect. Florida may get way too hot weather a lot of the year, but right now, it's the place to be. The iPhone is saying that it is currently 80 degrees and sunny, at 510 PM. I have been wearing only knee length skirts and t-shirts/tanks since we arrived. Bliss. I would love to wear flowing mid length skirts and tshirts every day of my life. But alas, in MI, 9 months of the year, I can do no such thing.....Blah. But, I am enjoying it while here.

Love wearing sunglasses and just relaxing. Being outside is doing wonders for me. I think another reason winter stressed me out is the being inside all the time. I am an outdoors girl. Give me my camera, some nature and warm weather and I would never step foot in my house except to eat and sleep.......I had this horrible headache for like almost 2 days when we got here, and it is totally gone now, and I am giving credit to the FL sun......

Anyway, FL has been great thus far, even though I am here on business. Our hotel room is awesome.......It's like a freaking apartment, huge, jacuzzi tub, dining room, kitchen, and best of all, totally paid for NOT by me. :). The balcony is the best part though, I love sitting outside. The first day we went to Universal Studios because I did not have any school board stuff until that night. Walked around so much my feet were killing me at the end of the day (I guess Old Navy flip flops are not ALWAYS the most comfy shoes ever)....Went to dinner at this place called Vito's Chop House, which was paid for as well. That was kinda bad experience for Kurt. They brought out all these cuts of meat to the table to explain it all and Kurt could not even eat after that because it disgusted him so much. It's one thing if people eat steak at the table, it's quite another if they are showing you dripping uncooked meat before the meal. I just ignore it, but Kurt literally ate part of a ceasar salad and a couple cheese sticks and could not stomach anything else. I had this amazing lobster pepper pasta. It was really good, and the appetizer of Florida stone crab, king crab and snow crab was awesome.

Today, I did lectures and exhibits and stuff all day with Jeff, stopping just to have lunch at Don Pablo's. We ate entirely too much, but it was good. Now, I am just waiting for Kurt and then will head out again. Unsure to where.........

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I wish we had that kind of weather here too!