Monday, August 24, 2009

Nice and Relaxing

**Pic above is of me and Kurt at his Mom's 70th bday party.....Kurt's bro, Scott, took the pic and sent it to me today via email.

So, I had no set plans this weekend, which was aMAZing. I needed a couple days to chill. We basically stayed in all weekend, only leaving to have dinner one night at a place i wanted to try, and to stop by a furniture store I wanted to look at. Bliss. I really cherish doing nothing, once in a while. Speaking of the new place we tried, it is called Michigan Bar and Grille. It is owned by the owners of our fav sports bar, Pete's Garage. It is slightly more upscale, and has better food. I had an amazing cajun pasta.........

Sunday night, I booked our flights to San Jose, Costa Rica, and then to Golfito, Costa Rica. We are flying into San Jose on 9/24, and will explore there for the day and night, and then leave super early on 9/25 for Golfito. Golfito is kinda on the other side of the Bay from the Osa, and the resort is just outside Piedras Blancos National Park. We are staying at the Golfo Dulce Lodge. What's funny about this Lodge is that it has been on the market for a little bit and Kurt really wants to buy it, LOL, so I guess he can check it out while we are there. It's just a little bit pricey though, haha. I am very psyched to get away for a few days, it is long overdue. We normally go at the end of August, so Kurt and I are going to be pretty much craving some time away at that point. Kory is coming with us, and he is super psyched too.

Work was INSANE today. I seriously do not know where the time went. I was crazy busy this afternoon with appointments, I barely had time to breathe.....Which is bad, cuz breathing is totally a necessity! ;). All my appointments went well, but it was really draining, and we did not get home until 730 pm, UGH. I wanted to work out, but instead I made dinner and have been trying to relax. It takes me a while to unwind from days like today.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Jealous. Costa Rica is on our travel wish list. Someday...

Rebecca said...

Is that where Monroe Street Grill was? Remember that experience? Haha

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Candice? HELLO? You are totally not allowed to be jealous, you LIVE in my dream destination (I am now sticking my tongue out at you). :). Costa Rica is wonderful though...you guys would love it since you like outdoorsy stuff like us.

And Rebecca, no, LOL, this place is on Monroe Street, in an area I usually dont drive thru. You would like it!

Unknown said...

Lori, you definitely work hard and play hard. That trip sounds amazing! I'm jealous :)

Nancy said...

Trip sounds awesome as always!