Sunday, August 29, 2010

Time Flies.......

Another crazy busy week. We hired a new associate. Well, kinda. She has not yet passed the bar exam (just took it for the first time in july), but once she does, she will be an associate with us. For now, she is a law clerk in training to be an attorney at the office. She starts on Sept 9, and her name is Holly. She went to U of Detroit Mercy, and she was an intern for one of our fav judges! :). Glad to be done with that selection process. Called her on Wednesday, and sent letters out to the others to let them know, which I always hate doing. Jessica's last day is Tuesday, which is kinda crazy! She is the first person ever to quit working for us. But, I totally understand why since it's to live with her man. People are more important than jobs, for sure. :).

Had dinner last night with my Grama, two Aunts and Dad, in Westland. We ate at Max and Erma's, then stopped at Value City Furniture to show Grama a dining set. She haas been wanting one. She may be the most indecisive person I know, thank GOD I did not get the indecisive gene. While there, I saw this really kewl wood decorative piece I wanted to buy for the office, so I did. Then grama decided she wanted to buy it for my bday (she had not bought me anything for my bday last May), so she wrote me a check for it. Also, got some kewl bday gifts from my Aunt, one is this kewl scales of justice lady in silver and copper for my office, a pretty glass and cobalt blue bowl, a new necklace, some kitchen stuff in cobalt and a pug ornament. Weird getting bday gifts in May, haha.

We worked all day today. Got so much done, it was kinda crazy. I have a TON of filing to do tomorrow. Prob more than I have ever done in one trip. Will do it between hearings tomorrow.

The Suite across the hall construction started this weekend. The walls are all up, drywall was being done when we left tonight. The place is a mess though, LOL, cannot wait for it all to be done. Hopefully the tenant over there does not throw a fit about the mess if he is in tomorrow although none of the mess is in his office.

Had dinner on Friday night with two of Kurt's friends from high school and their husbands. We ate at Mongilian BBQ in Ann Arbor, then had drinks afterwards at Ann Arbor Brewing Company. It was fun, and I learned all about Kurt's forced marriage in 5th grade to a girl named Tammy on the playground, haha. What a pain Ann Arbor is on Friday night though! Finding parking and everything took forever! Ugh. I am so spoiled by Monroe County where I live. No waits anywhere ever. Gotta love rural farm towns in MI! :).

Still researching December travel, and am still leaning towards India, but I keep looking up other places as well. Have been looking at other countries in Africa. Basically, anywhere I can get a good flight deal to will win, most likely. Which is hard in mid-December.

Still loving all these designer discount sites. Bought my stepDad an awesome gift I cannot disclose for his bday. Whoot. And I bought it EARLY which is rare for me with how busy I am.

Anyway, hope everyone had a really nice weekend. Only four more work days until we leave for Colombia! Cannot wait for a few days off and to use my camera!

No comments: