Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 3--Furniture Shopping in Sarchi and Meeting a Neighbor

We got up and decided to head to Sarchi to look for some furniture since we were not having a lot of luck in Jaco.  Sarchi was .about 1.5 hours from the house, kinda towards San Jose.  Anyway HOLY furniture stores!  This little town had about 100 furniture stores (or it seemed).  All handmade, local wood, gorgeous stuff.  I was seriously overwhelmed.  I really wanted rocking chairs.



We ended up buying a king size bed that is being delivered tomorrow, two fabric/cushion chairs on wood bases that are being delivered Friday or Saturday and being custom made for us, two rocking chairs with hand paintings of different costa rican birds, two bar stools for the kitchen as the ones the previous owner left were not attractive......We still need some other things, but that was a good start.  We still need a guest bedroom bed and mattress, and something for Kurt's clothes for our bedroom (like an armoire or dresser). Would also like some outdoor tables, but did not see exactly what I wanted so I will wait.    The prices were insanely cheap and the quality is the best I have ever seen. 

 

 

 

Came back and our neighbor, an American, who Kurt had met someone via facebook before I got here came over with his two Yorkies and a friend of his who does yard work.  Kurt is hiring him to do some things around the property.  The cost is about 1/3 of what we paid someone in the US to do the work, so that is awesome.  Can't wait for some landscaping and other stuff to be done as the last owner kinda let the landscaping go, even though he did mow the lawn.  We are having the lawn sprayed for ants and ticks and the like, he is then mowing it.  Then doing a lot of trimming of the bushes around the yard and hauling away of trash the former owner left in the yard.



Made dinner at home again, same meal as yesterday, it was super good.  Finished up that batch of fish, so I need to make another batch of something tomorrow. 

Went on a run tonight instead of in the morning and jumped in the pool after that to cool down, which was nice.  Midas came on the first step of the pool with me, I don't think it will be long before he is swimming with me and becomes a little water boy.  :). He is hilarious.



Another perfect day in Costa Rica.  Can't wait for stuff to start being delivered so I can start making this place more of my own.  I am already loving the front porch and that is with limited stuff done.

Tomorrow, we are looking into getting a PO box, and then probably hanging around the house.  Can't wait.  Pura Vida!
 

1 comment:

COL said...

So wonderful! I am excited to be reading about your new adventures!